Friday, June 6, 2014

Trail Glove 1.5mi Tune Up for North Moat Mtn.

Ok, so I'll be the first to admit that I have done a terribly weak job keeping up with this blog that  no one is reading, but I'm back.  I was likely not documenting my running stints partially because I was upset with my latest performances as I start my second cycle of training.  Not sure if my performances were as bad as I thought or if I had unrealistic expectations for myself now that I have met some of my goals (half mary & Ragnar cc).  Either way I seem to back to the proper focus, dedication, and most importantly mind set.  With all that said,  I had a solid week as I begin to develop into this second cycle of training.  Today was supposed to be a rest day but due to a good conversation with Brian T. (BT) and plans to conquer a 14mi loop up to North Moat Mtn (3,196'),  I decided to due some light work in my minimalist Merrell Trail Glove 2 sneakers.  I have some nervousness regarding the full transition into these shoes as my primaries and using them for this 14 miler.  I will only find out by trying them out so here goes nothing on Sunday.  I look forward to that report.  Anyway, I felt strong doing my work today.  Started with a half mile warm up and held a solid 7:20 pace for that.  Then, after another mile walking we (Tully & I) cranked up again for another mile where I held and finished with a 7:25mi.  It should be noted that this was all down hill on paved road.  The goal here was to push my mile pace, work on the minimalist form and gate, and get further accustomed to running in the Trail Gloves.  I am pleased with all the results...but still nervous about Sunday.  See ya then.

6-6-2014
1.5mi
.5 warm-up 7:20p
1mi 7:25p
Fila shorts, red dry-fit t-shirt, UA visor, Merrell Trail Glove 2
70 degrees, sunny, paved roads (Wire & Chicks Crossing)
Wells, ME 04090

No comments:

Post a Comment