Friday, June 20, 2014

"My feet are my only carriage!"

Fri 6-20-2014

After my first night at work I woke up eager to pound the pavement.  I was able to sleep until around 9:00ish and soon after some coffee and a snack I headed out.  Although my schedule called for just 3mi I was feeling for more.  After doing 1 quick warm-up mile with Tully and returning him back at #698 I was off for my true run.  Once free from T-Man I felt much more in sync with my run. My strides felt strong, cadence was ideal and breathing seemed right in my sweet spot.  Legs felt pretty peppy and I wondered and flip flopped back and forth in my mind about what distance I should do today.  I settled on just 4mi and convinced myself that patience is integral to keeping on the right track for training.  My body, legs, and brain seem to want more but I will be able to satisfy that this weekend on my long run.  This weekends long run will be a 7miler around here in Wells but not sure if it will fall on Saturday or Sunday.  The program calls for Saturday while Sunday is a strength day.  I think I will stick with that plan. Back to todays' 4miler, like I said the strength and desire was there and I was happy to see my pace each time I looked at watch.  The oddity for today was the two young kids roughly 13 or 14 years old who were stuck in quite the predicament.  It seems they got a little too bold with their four wheeler and were stuck deep in the mud down a small embankment.  My teachers' revenge had me ignoring their problem and slightly chuckling as I ran past.  Summah in Maine!

Fila shorts, New Balance M1010, Puma socks, UA Visor, Oakley shades
65 degrees, Sunny
Wire Rd., Meetinghouse Rd. N.,  Chicks Crossing Rd.
Wells, ME 04090

No comments:

Post a Comment