Thursday, June 12, 2014

Collegial School Run

6-12-14

With my last final facilitated and only grading to compete I set out on a 3mi partial trail run with Kathryn P. at SHS.  It was super fun to have someone to talk with as I ran and we both seemed to enjoy talking about past races and future goals.  Having a partner to run with certainly kept my eyes off of my watch, which in turn made the run feel shorter and with less effort.  We set out on the Mousam Way Trails and then through the Marginal Way neighborhood and then finally up and back the Railroad Trail.  I was planning on doing just 3 miles but the enjoyment of running with someone and the conversation had me going just a bit longer.  Did all three miles at a comfortable pace and with the Trail Glove 2 in action as the transition continues.  But today for the first time I really think I need to purchase a 4mm drop shoe for the pavement.  Tomorrow is a rest day, then Saturday I hit Pineland Farms for a 6mi trail run with BT.  I look forward to writing and posting that report.


3.2mi
28:29:02 mins
8.54 Pace
Fila shorts, dry-fit t-shirt, Merrell Trail Glove 2
70 degrees, mostly cloudy, humid
Sanford, ME 04073


No comments:

Post a Comment